Search Chasing Jessie

Monday, June 25, 2007

Tomatoes and baguettes


Cheers from Lyon!

I haven’t told anyone lately that I am a building floor lift nor that I sleep with dirty blankets, but I did tell someone that I lived in Paris in 1917.  Not exactly correct, but who’s counting + or – 80 years.  She looked at me like I was from another world.

I am starting to develop French habits here already, like going to Sunday outdoors farmer’s markets that are found every couple of blocks. Today I bought 4.5 pounds of peaches for 1.50 euros.  No, I have no idea how I am going to eat that many peaches, but they were irresistible!  Last weekend I bought more zucchini, eggplant, red peppers, tomatoes and onions than any one family can eat in one week, let alone just me …all for less than 5 euros.  I’ve made ratatouille three times this week—Mom, please send recipes!!!!

A very small smpling of what I see every morning…and what has me running every night - oh! 
Finally I am catching upa to the technology world, and have improved communication lines – yeah!  My computer and I have rented anAtlanta number – 404.496.5516 –  If I am online I can answer, and if not you can leave a message (I am EST +6 hours).  Call, have a chat in France, leave a message, all is brilliant!  I’ll tell you about my baguette obsession and attempt to try all the bakeries in Lyon.


Gros bises!

No comments:

Post a Comment